Skip to main content

Sushant Singh Rajput's favourite film Sonchiriya to be re-released?

By far, Sushant Singh Rajput’s life’s best performance is to be seen in Abhishek Choubey’s Sonchiriya. The film and the performance remain among the most underrated in the history of Indian cinema. Apparently, Sonchiriya which originally released in February 2019 will now be re-released on the OTT platform and in theatres (when they eventually open).

Sushant Singh Rajput's favourite film Sonchiriya to be re-released?

I remember how proud Sushant was of this film. When I had said it is by far his best film and performance till date, Sushant agreed with me. “I’d have to go with you on this. Though I’ve worked really hard on most of my roles, I have to say I worked especially hard on Sonchiriya. I’d like Sonchirya to be appreciated for all the hard work that our director Abhishek Choubey has put in…In fact all of us actors and technicians slogged in the Chambal heat.”

The bad reviews and box office failure didn’t dampen Sushant’s spirits. “It feels nice when the reviews appreciate one’s efforts. I’ve never sought fame or fortune. Never been enamoured of the Rs. 100-crore club."

Sushant made it clear that box office success was not important to him. “I work entirely for my job satisfaction. Otherwise I could have made money in any other profession. I am here to make a difference, firstly to myself. When I look back on my body of work I want to feel a sense of pride. Whether it is Kai Po Che, Byomkesh Bakshy, Dhoni, Kedarnath or Sonchiriya, I am happy and proud to be associated with these films.”

Sushant admitted he likes to surrender completely to his characters. “I wouldn’t be able to sleep peacefully if I didn’t give all of myself to every character I accept. Agar main apne kirdaar ko theek se pehchan na paaon usski antar-aatma ko choo na loon toh yeh toh beimaani hogi (if I don’t get to know my character well and touch its essence it would be a betrayal). Either I don’t accept a film. Or if I do, I surrender to it completely.”

Shooting for his outlaw’s role in Sonchiriya, Sushant spent days and weeks preparing himself, staying unwashed, unfed, unattended. “My character wanted to surrender to the law. I surrendered to the law of self-discipline that I’ve made for my job. What I found in common between my characters in Kedarnath and Sonchiriya was that core of humanism. Mujhe woh pakadna ttha (I had to catch that). Baqi success or failure is not something I understand.”

Does the lack of box office success not bother Sushant at all? “Like I said, I feel there is appreciation for all the hard work being put in my films. Maybe in my case it doesn’t show in box office figures. But as long as I’ve the freedom and power to do the kind of films I want to, I am in a comfortable place.”

Also Read: Sushant Singh Rajput Death: Mahesh Bhatt clarifies that Sushant was never offered Sadak 2 in his statement to Police



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Navigating Cryptocurrency Tax in India: A Comprehensive Guide for Investors

  **Introduction:** Cryptocurrency has emerged as a disruptive force in the global financial landscape, offering new avenues for investment and financial innovation. In India, as elsewhere, the popularity of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and others has surged in recent years. However, with this rise comes the need for clarity on the taxation of cryptocurrency transactions. In this article, we delve into the nuances of cryptocurrency tax in India, offering insights and guidance for investors navigating this evolving regulatory landscape. **Understanding Cryptocurrency Taxation:** Cryptocurrency taxation in India is governed by the Income Tax Act, 1961, which treats cryptocurrencies as assets for tax purposes. As such, profits arising from cryptocurrency transactions are subject to taxation under the head of 'Income from Capital Gains.' This means that gains from the sale or transfer of cryptocurrencies are liable to be taxed based on the holding period and the nature ...

Why BJP is Poised to Win the Lok Sabha Elections: A Comprehensive Analysis

Introduction: In the vibrant landscape of Indian politics, the Lok Sabha elections serve as a litmus test of public sentiment and political prowess. As the nation gears up for another electoral showdown, all eyes are on the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), which has emerged as a formidable force in recent years. In this article, we delve into the key factors that indicate why the BJP is positioned to secure victory in the upcoming Lok Sabha elections. 1. Strong Leadership: At the helm of the BJP stands Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a charismatic leader renowned for his dynamic governance and visionary leadership. Modi's astute decision-making, coupled with his ability to connect with the masses, has cemented his position as a towering figure in Indian politics. His unwavering commitment to development and national security resonates deeply with voters across the country, bolstering the BJP's electoral prospects. 2. Proactive Governance: The BJP-led government has implemented a sle...